We equip you with the tools and experiences that empower you to change the world.
Today’s policy challenges require that tomorrow’s leaders be well versed in innovative, collaborative cross-sector solutions. Nonprofit organizations, philanthropy and social entrepreneurs are major players in how public policy gets developed and implemented as well as how change occurs.
In addition to a wide breadth of award-winning faculty, our nonprofit management and leadership curriculum is recognized as one of the top 25 in the country by US News and World Report. The curriculum features unique opportunities, including a hands-on abroad experiences with nongovernmental organizations (NGO) across the nation and around the world.
Opportunities to engage with our nonprofit and philanthropy experts include:
- Adding a campus-wide minor in Nonprofit Leadership and Social Innovation
- Declaring a public policy major with a Nonprofit Leadership and Social Innovation Focus
- Joining two undergraduate living-learning programs
- Taking advantage of a Graduate Certificate in Nonprofit Management and Leadership
- Specializing in Nonprofit Management and Leadership through one of our master's programs
- Working with award-winning faculty via our PhD program in Policy Studies
Beyond the classroom, we are reinventing the college experience through the award-winning Do Good Institute, which is developing leaders, innovators and individuals from across campus who produce extraordinary outcomes. With signature projects like the annual Do Good Challenge and new Do Good Accelerator, students are making their mark on the state of Maryland and the world. Do Good Institute research has been prominently featured in outlets from MSNBC and The Washington Post to Congress's National Commission on Military, National, and Public Service.