Grow your skills among a community of supportive Terps.
Further your education, develop highly sought-after career skills and join an expansive network of Policy Terps. Our admissions team is here to help you learn more about the School and our programs, understand the application process and answer any questions you have along the way.
- Statement of Purpose
- TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)
*Visa Eligibility: This program is not eligible for I-20 or DS-2019 issuance by the University of Maryland.
Deadlines and Process
Learn more about the application requirements and deadlines for each of our certificate programs and how to apply.
- Final deadline: January 6, 2023
- Final deadline: July 28, 2023
- Statement of Purpose - please include a description of your motivation for the program of study
- Transcripts - upload your official transcripts for all prior academic work.
Note: Do not upload an encrypted transcript to the application. It will upload as a blank document and the program will not be able to use it for evaluation. Please print the document out, scan and upload it.
If you are a current University of Maryland, College Park, graduate student wishing to simultaneously complete this certificate program, you must complete the following application process:
- Complete the paper application.
- Submit the paper application with your statement of purpose, resume and copies of previous transcripts (unofficial is okay) either by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing to:
Attn SPP Student Affairs
7805 Regents Drive
College Park, MD 20742
- Complete the application for fellowship.
Note: This certificate is not eligible for the Golden ID program.
To join us in the Spring, 2023 semester, prospective graduate students would need to be admitted to UMD by no later than December 16, 2022.
Aid & Scholarships
See the financial aid and scholarships that are available to help fund your education.