Gain analytical skills, decision-making tools and subject matter expertise to advance your career solving pressing policy challenges.
In your coursework, you'll develop the critical thinking and analytical skills to enhance your abilities as a decision-maker and policy leader, while participating in opportunities to dive into specific areas of interest. Providing a strong foundation in policy tools and methods and a deeper understanding of particular policy issues, the Master of Public Management prepares you to take on the next challenge in your career.
- Take advantage of an accelerated degree for professionals with at least five years of policy or management related experience (requiring 36 course credits as compared to 48 course credits for the standard Master of Public Policy)
- Take a deeper dive into areas of interest with our optional specializations, or develop your own specialization to explore a particular policy area
- Learn from faculty who are both scholars and practitioners, bringing their real-world experiences and connections into the classroom
The MPM curriculum consists of two components - a core set of courses (16 credits total) that provides a foundation in governance and quantitative skills, and elective courses that allow a deeper dive into a particular area of interest. Students must complete 36 credits to earn the MPM degree.
Core Courses (18 credits total)
- PLCY688E Normative and Political Dimensions of Public Policy (3 credits)
- PLCY688G Management and Accountability (3 credits)
Quantitative Skills Sequence
Students may use 18 elective credits to complete a specialization and/or pursue general policy interests.