Our approach to sustainability integrates evidence, policy and practice to drive innovative solutions, and links sustainability, economic opportunity and human well-being at all levels of governance.
We seek to make a contribution today, and develop future leaders, to address many of the major challenges of our time, including energy, climate change, resilience and sustainable development. We emphasize the linkages between well-informed policy analysis and strategic development and the effective deployment of policy ideas, leveraging the practical experience of our community gained through working in diverse government contexts, from international to national to state, local and regional.
Opportunities to engage in Sustainability at the School are broad, diverse and growing. Our educational degree programs, and opportunities to go beyond the classroom, comprise:
- Our undergraduate, campus-wide sustainability minor as well as our public policy major.
- Our Master of Public Policy specializations in energy and environmental policy and
- The large and active Sustainability Research Group in our PhD program in policy studies
- Research opportunities at the Center for Global Sustainability
- Study abroad in Indonesia & Peru
- The student-led Environmental Policy Council
All of these programs provide opportunities to learn from, and work with, faculty with diverse and significant real-world policy experiences. Our Center for Global Sustainability integrates our intellectual and educational community, and has quickly established itself as a globally recognized leader in understanding how to organize and support global ambition, based in analysis and collaborative action across stakeholders, to address challenges of energy, climate, resilience and sustainable finance.