As the federal government today must learn to do more with less, we offer programs to help leaders and managers develop the skills necessary to thrive.
Our leadership development programs are based on the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's Executive Core Qualifications (ECQ's)—Leading People, Leading Change, Results Driven, Business Acumen and Building Coalitions—and the leadership competencies that underlie them. A trusted source for leadership expertise in the federal government sphere, the School of Public Policy has been delivering programs for federal agencies for the past 25 years.
Clients are: Federal government employees at the GS 14-15 level.
The SES CDP is a component of executive development training which prepares participants for careers in the Senior Executive Service. The SES CDP offers two options, with ten or fifteen days of core leadership training focused on a blend of leadership and policy sessions and includes field trips. The program uses interactive forms to:
- Determine individual leadership styles and competencies through a 360 degree assessment and feedback opportunities.
- Provide workshops and interactive simulations based on OPM’s Executive Core Qualifications.
- Assist participants in creating individualized leadership development plans.
- Introduce a variety of leadership tools and techniques to address the challenges facing an agency and its divisions. Organize and manage a 90 to 120 day individual Developmental Assignment.
- Organize and manage a 90 to 120 day team Action Learning Project.
- Help develop and finalize the package that each individual sends to OPM at the end of the program to become SES certified.
Clients are: employees at the GS 13-14 level.
The Executive Leadership Development Program (ELDP) offers interactive learning through a ten- or fifteen-day course focused on leadership and policy and includes field trips. Interactive training sessions include: Myers Briggs Type Indicator, Effective Leadership and Emotional Intelligence, Interest Based Negotiation, Moral Leadership for Public Servants, Diagnosing and Managing Team Dynamics, Leaders and the Use of Situational Power, the Art of Persuasion, and Diversity and Inclusion.
Clients are: senior scientists and administrators
The NIH Senior Leadership Program provides clients with the opportunity to assess individual leadership skills and develop effective leadership competencies to address challenges and contribute to the NIH mission. The 10-day program combines case studies, interactive discussions, experiential learning, executive coaching, assessment data (360, MBTI, FIRO-B, Strengthsfinder, etc.), developmental planning and a three-day intensive retreat.
Clients are: senior officials in the intelligence community
We develop and deliver several leadership development programs for the intelligence community, including:
- A four-day Executive Leadership Program to enhance the performance of senior officials in: technical leadership, strategic and tactical awareness and planning, oversight and risk management and effective change management
- A Certificate in Leadership that is comprised of ten, two-day workshops covering such areas as emotional Intelligence, the power of dialogue, leadership organizations, interest-based negotiation and leadership communications
- A Certificate in Managing a Learning Organization — five two-day workshops on creating a learning organization, managing with purpose, systems thinking, mental models of change and practices of team learning.
All of these options are available onsite or at various locations throughout the US.
Executive Education is a GSA MOBIS Contractor:
SIN 874-1 Consultation Services
SIN 874-4 Instructor-Led Training
SIN 874-7 Program and Project Management
- National Institutes of Health
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Office of the Director of National Intelligence
- US Department of Commerce
- National Reconnaissance Office
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Resources Services Administration
- Housing and Urban Development
- US Marshals
- US Department of the Army
- US Department of the Air Force
- US Department of Agriculture - Rural Housing Service