School of Public Policy students are expected to complete the General Education Fundamental Studies Math and Academic Writing requirements within the first 30 credits at the University. Failure to complete this requirement will result in a registration block and you will be directed to the Office of the Registrar to register in person.
Advising is mandatory and you should not wait until the last minute to schedule your appointments. The midpoint of the semester is a good time to check in with your advisor regarding course planning. Notification of early registration will be sent out by the Office of the Registrar, but it is your responsibility to find your specific registration appointment time and date by logging on to Testudo.
Advising appointments are scheduled to last 20 minutes. This is to allow enough time for discovery, designing and implementing through intentional conversation. You are encouraged to drive the conversation by bringing a list of topics or issues you would like to discuss.
Exception to Academic Policy Requests
If you would like to request an exception for one of the below criteria, click on the corresponding form.
Academic Exception Form - Level 1
- Register with credit overload
- Concurrent enrollment
- Repeat course at another institution
- Register for restricted course
- Permission to drop/withdraw
Academic Exception Form - Level 2
- Register with a time conflict
- Drop after withdraw period
- Drop after schedule adjustment (without a "W")
- Drop more than one course
- Drop required English or Math
- Register after schedule adjustment
- Register for course third time
- Register for graduate-level course