Indonesia has taken the global stage to commit to a net-zero target and a 2040s coal phase-out, yet is still one of the world's leading coal producers and consumers. How can Indonesia accomplish this while fulfilling economic, health, and climate goals?
Join report authors, global experts, and policymakers to discuss our new report highlighting how Indonesia can accelerate a coal phase-out through a financing strategy that ensures a just and equitable transition to clean energy.
Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- 11:00 AM (EST)
- 4:00 PM (BST)
- 10:00 PM (WIB)
- Nate Hultman, Director, Center for Global Sustainability
- Ailun Yang, Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Fabby Tumiwa, Executive Director, Institute for Essential Services Reform
- Ryna Cui, Assistant Research Professor, Center for Global Sustainability
- Lawrence Ang, Managing Partner, Climate Smart Ventures
- Ronan Hodge, Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ)
- Koben Calhoun, RMI
About the analysis: The Center for Global Sustainability (CGS) at the University of Maryland and the Institute for Essential Services Reform's (IESR) forthcoming analysis offers a feasible pathway to finance the retirement of Indonesia's coal fleet in support of a 2050 net-zero goal while also delivering critical emissions reductions needed to achieve the global 1.5ºC target. The report will be available for download on August 2, 2022, at 9:00 AM (WIB).