Help solve some of the nation's toughest budgetary problems.
The federal government is the world's largest single buyer of goods and services, spending hundreds of billions of dollars annually. As the nation faces unprecedented budgetary pressures, the need for leaders and managers who can deliver better acquisition outcomes to support key areas continues to grow. Today, the federal government hires thousands of new acquisition management employees.
- Learn skills crucial for effective acquisition, leadership and management.
- Apply your knowledge to address today's biggest needs, in areas including military operations, homeland security, health care provision, disaster response and more.
The Certificate in Public Finance and Acquisitions consists of six courses (18 graduate credits) of core subjects. To earn a certificate, students take the following courses:
- Managing Public Organizations
- Leading and Motivating People
- Financial Information for Managers
- PLCY689A (3 credits) Federal Acquisition: Concepts and Management
- Government Contracting and Pricing
- PLCY689F (3 credits) Current Issues in Federal Acquisition