The Space You Need to Grow Your Impact
The Do Good Accelerator is a collaborative space on campus that supports and helps to scale up students' innovative solutions to our world's most pressing challenges. The Accelerator offers a number of training, development and networking opportunities to enable promising nonprofits, projects and socially-minded businesses the chance to grow their reach and impact.
This creative community space provides students with leadership coaching, mentoring opportunities with local businesses, foundations, nonprofits and NGOs, financial support and training to further their ideas.
Collaborative Community Space and Resources to Support and Help Scale Up Innovative Ideas
Conveniently located off Route 1 behind The Hotel at UMD, the Do Good Accelerator is your on-campus collaboration space and project support center. The Accelerator is typically open Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm (access and availability after business hours are reviewed on a case by case basis). Due to physical distancing requirements and health concerns, the Do Good Accelerator is currently closed to visitors and members.
Accelerator membership is available to all current UMD students and alum working on a social-impact idea, project, venture, and/or organization. Membership is offered based on program participation, project feasibility, and space availability. If offered membership, it is active for one year (to exclude the summer semester). After 1 year members can renew their membership based on the initial criteria.
- Open collaborative workspace and meeting space
- 1:1 coaching and advising sessions, specifically geared toward your needs
- Connections to campus and external resources and experts
- Exclusive events, professional development and training opportunities
- Featured in Do Good Institute newsletters, website, social media, and more
- Event space (available by request)
Resources and Equipment
- Open work, classroom or event space (seats 30 for classes, 50 standing)
- Conference room, seats 8
- Two lounge areas, with couches
- 24 foldable, rolling tables, which seat two per table
- 50 stackable chairs
- 4 rolling whiteboards and 1 wall mounted dry erase board
- 2 wall mounted TV screens (connection via HDMI)
- Ceiling mounted projector (connection via HDMI)
- 36 lockers, equipped with locks
How to Apply
To apply, visit go.umd.edu/dgmembership. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and membership term begins once selected for participation.
For more information about membership or the Do Good Accelerator contact Kisha Logan, Do Good Accelerator Manager. Or stop by to see us at 7878 Diamondback Drive, Suite B, College Park, MD 20740.